Tuesday, April 12

Stay home, and get some nice food...

Friends have been kind, they tried to recommend new medicine, doctors and contacts to me. A friend of Vivien suggested us to meet Dato Dr Yeow, who is a state assemblyman in my area. He founded a haemodylisis centre in Seremban and had sent cancer patients to China for treatment. So my mom, sis and I trooped to meet him yesterday. I am not that keen to go to China but just went along to hear what Dr Yeow got to say.

He read my doctor's report and looked at me. He asked whether I knew my situation. His eyes turned soft and I knew what he meant. I said I knew perfectly my situation. He turned to my mom and told her that he is going to tell us the reality as if I am his own brother. He said my situation is very advanced and there is not much use going to China, better to safe the money, get some good food for me, and let me be comfortable.

I said yeah, I know that, it is now up to me to fight the cancer. Medicine can only do so much. He agreed and do not talk about the usual treatment after that, but talked about the spiritual and human dimension. He encouraged me to bring the fight to the mind and spiritual level, that is all I have control now. The fight is now indeed between me and the cancer cells at the dimension beyond medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home