Monday, April 25

The Art of Diagnosis

My friends and I shared our experience with doctors. Of course, there are many examples of good doctors giving accurate diagnosis, but we also talk about inaccurate diagnosis that lose time for the patient.

A friend of mine only got a cancer diagnosis for his dad after 6 months of seeing various doctors. Most of the doctors said his father only got "wind" and has got nothing to worry about.
He only got the diagnosis after I friend insisted on a barium test, and the doctor was so scared to meet him after the positive test because for 6 months he has been telling the "wind" diagnosis.

Another friend has various opinion from different doctor for his non-cancerous ailment. He was pushed around to various doctors. One doctor even challenged my friend to decide which doctor he want to listen to!

In my case, the December CT scan in Argentina has revealed nodes in my lung but no one was suspicious of it. Only Dr A was concerned. My 2nd Ct scan in seremban GH revealed the same thing, and only after my cancer diagnosis from the pericardial fluid they able to link the node with cancerous condition. They also didnt notice it on my Argentinian scan, I have to tell them it is already there in December!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home