Wednesday, March 30

Spiritual dimension

I think of myself more of a spiritual person rather than a religious one. Somehow I think sprituality unites while religions divides. I have many kind people who came to see me; wanting to share their religion and spiritual salvation with me. I am open to all these :)

"When man is ill, he can seek any God, God won't mind"
"The spirit is the number one medicine"
These are the 2 most memorable phrases uttered by a Muslim guru when I consulted him about my condition. He is the bro-in-law of the assistant at CA Care. He goes into trance and you can query him about your problems. He grabbed my hands, and assured my in a nonchalent way that I will overcome this problem and live. Forgot to ask him..yes, live but how? Its quality of life
we are after! He gave me small lemons (limau kasturi) for bathing and placing at 4 corners of the house. He also blessed a bottle of honey which I need to take every morning. He also gave me an amulet filled with fragrant jasmine oil. I think it is more symbolic because everytime I need some assurance, the feel of the metal amulet boosted my confidence. I am supposed to see him after 21 days with 11 different types of flowers. Let's see what interesting stuff he has up his sleeve.

Soka Gakkai
"Nam Myoho renge Kyo". That's the phrase Soka Gakkai members chant. A group senior SK ladies came to see me,taught me the chant, and said they will get the SK Young Men chapter to be in touch with me...I told them I dont want no Young Men Chapter, send me the Young Ladies
Chapter instead!!!...haha..anyway, they dont hv a Young Ladies chapter ;) Loke of SK came later to tell me more about SK, and invited me for the chanting session every Thursday. I didnt make it because I was not feeling well. Anyway, I did give the chant a try. SK is another facet of Buddhist teaching. I was quite uncomfortable when they mentioned about "converting to their religion", I thought since I am already a Buddhist, why should I convert? Or convert to what? Anyway, didnt have time to explore this much. But if it works for them, and they sincerely want to share what works for them with me, I am most happy to listen.

Christianity
My cousin sister held my hand when I was at IJN and prayed for me; calling upon Jesus to heal me. I am touched by her kind gesture. She also left some healing testimonial CDs for me. Connie also came to share Jesus's healing messages with me, and said she will be most happy to come anytime to share. Dr Donald Chen emailed me some verses from the Bible. And my UNFCCC
friend Seth Osafo guided me to some Psalms which will help me. Thank you to all.

Buddhist teaching
My cousin Ah Tee sent some Buddhist books. And Kian Foh came to talk about Dhamma. Actually I have more affinity to the chant phrase "Namo Tasa Bagavatto Arahatto Samma Sambuddhasa" than the SK's. I guess I am familiar with this chant since my varsity days. I chanted this while they were preparing me for the operating theatre. The anesthetician told me to chant whatever chant of my religious belief when he was sedating me. Namo tasa is the one which came naturally to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home