Wednesday, May 4

My other family

I am an adopted child. I have never met any of my biological siblings although I know where they are. I knew my eldest biological sister have always wanted to get in touch with me. Before the cancer, I have decided to only meet my biological family after my adopted mom has passed away. I know she is insecure about me meeting them.

But the cancer changes everything, I met with my siblings before I had my IJN operation. My biological parents has long since passed away. I have 6 siblings; 3 brothers and 3 sisters. I am the youngest; the number 7. I met with 4 siblings as 2 others are living quite far away. It was quite an experience to meet one's own siblings for the first time! All of us tried to look for similarities; physical and behavioral. :)

When I had my seizure yesterday, my current sister (my adopted one-I will call her "sister") called them. My sister said the way I looked yesterday was quite frightening and she expected the worse; that's why she called them.

My eldest brother and third brother came with his wife immediately upon receiving the call. My eldest brother stays in Seremban while the 3rd in KL. We talked till midnight, about our family and life. Their presence meant a lot to me, and helped me to regain my strength. Unlike many who know their siblings, these precious moments of knowing my own "long lost" siblings were very emotional.

I told them I first found out I was adopted was I was 13 years old. I was devastated. My whole world collasped and I had my first gray hair then, which remained in the same location since. For a long time I was lost. Could the seeds of my cancer started then?