Sunday, October 16

Pasar Ramadhan

What I enjoy most about Ramadhan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawm) is the Pasar Ramadhan or the Ramadhan Bazaar. Before cancer (BC) it is one of my favourite Ramadhan month afternoon activity. I would prowl the Pasar Ramadhans in PJ to enjoy the food that is on sale.

I think the best pasar Ramadhans visits are those located in major urban areas and university towns. This is because the population of these areas usually come from all over Malaysia. So you have an array of incredible culinary delights prepared by out-of-towners to cater for their fellow out-of-towners yearning for hometown fare.

With my current dietary restriction, I can only eat the popia and nasi kerabu(minus the ikan goreng & budu)...so I have to give those sinfully delicious murtabak, roti john, nasi beriani, ayam percik & satay a miss....haha

Last week, I have visited the Pasar Ramadhan of Kelana Jaya, Serdang and Seremban . The Putrajaya's Pasar Ramadhan will be next on my list :)