Friday, January 27

...thank you for the music...

I found that my blogs lately are full of gloom and doom. But that's the reality of my condition. Yet, it is only a part of the whole reality.

I have a lot to be thankful for. And I have neglected to reflect on what is well and good. Things that, not only me, but most of us take for granted and don't give any thoughts to.

Although I am not in the best of health, but I got so much blessings. So let's give thanks and credit where it is due.

First; I still wake up in the morning...haha ;) I can hear the birds chirping. Lots of chirping because of my well-growing vegetable garden, lawn and trees all around. I can hear my neighbour's dogs greeting the mornings with barks.

Second; I can still get out of my bed with my own power :) Although some days it take some effort because of the aches on my back and neck. But heck, I can still get up and go to the bathroom to ...ahem..preen myself ;)

Third; after making myself smell good and visually presentable, I am able to walk to get my breakfast. I am able to pick up the food and munch, swallow and forget about them as they get digested to bring nutrients to my body.

...and so on and on...you get the picture...the teeny weeny things that normally we don't notice as we go thru the motion, but when there is an ailment...oh boy...do u notice them! You will notice that things we take for granted are such wonderful gifts!

And of course, giving thanks to the external circumstances. Your family and friends who stick by you. For me, I may not be able to express my thanks all the time, but I say Thank You for the time and effort you given me. The gestures of which you may think is small, but meant a lot to me...a lot..a lot...a lot.

I think in the balancesheet of life, mine is still very much in the black with a healthy surplus! :) Now I should invest those surplus in things that would multiply them. Things like joy, gratitude and positive thinking so that the dividends benefit me and also those around me. Don't be miserly and stash those healthy surpluses in places so safe that even you would forget about them! Share them! Let them multiply!!!

Today is Friday 27 Jan. By the end of today, Malaysians can look forward to a long special holidays next week as we greet the Chinese Lunar New Year on Sunday and Monday, and then celebrate Awal Muharam (the start of the Muslim calendar) on Tuesday. So I want to leave this blog for a few days on an uplifting and inspirational note.

Come...Join me in rejoicing in the tender small mercies we hardly ever notice. Join me in giving gratitude for things that goes well. Join me in giving thanks that ,whatever that is not going our way, at least we are still capable of making the best of things and rectifying them. Let's appreciate the ups and downs because they make life whole.

And for those who are driving back to their hometowns for the festivities. I wish you a safe journey home and back. Drive carefully and see you again... :)