Monday, April 4

IJN follow-up

My sis and bro-in-law bought me to the National Heart Institute (IJN) for the follow-up. Saw Dr Ezani of IJN who is my lead surgeon at IJN. He was horrified that I hadn't taken the bandage off the chest incision since I was discharged last Tuesday. He said infection could have set in, so he pulled it off right there..ouch! :P
He advised me to get chemo/radio treatment a.s.a.p; there is a possibility that the pericardium window which he has opened may close fast because of the cancerous condition. The biopsis which he did for the left lung tissue confirmed that the cancer is also in my left lung; so it means that both of my lungs is affected..all along I thought the left lung is clean from adenocarcinoma. Oh well...

Mrs McCoy was also there to accompany me at IJN, and she managed to talk to her friend who is a cardiologist there. With minimal effort, the cardiologist got me an appointment with an oncologist at Nilai Cancer Institute this Thursday. Thanks! This particular cardiologist is the personal cardiologist to the Prime Minister. hmmm...talk about friends in high places! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home