Sunday, May 22

Morning Reflection

Today's Wesak Day. Wesak Day commemorates Buddha's Enlightenment. I would like to share a Puja which I reflect upon every morning. May the reflection blesses all sentient beings in the universe.

Morning Reflection
Homage to Enlightened Buddha, Perfect in Wisdom and Compassion.
Homage to Noble Dhamma, the Universal Law the Buddha taught.
Homage to Holy Sangha, the protectors of the Noble Dhamma.

To the Triple Gem, I go for refuge.

May the Triple Gem bless and protect me and my loved ones. May we be free from harm and danger. May we overcome our difficulties.

May we always meet with success. May we be blessed with good health, strength, peace and happiness.

May my parents, brothers and sisters, teachers, friends and relatives be well and happy. May they be free from harm and danger. If they are faced with harm and danger, may they overcome their problems quickly. If they are faced with ill health, may they regain good health soon.

May all sentient beings in the universe be free from harm and danger. May all beings, know or unknown, seen or unseen, dwelling near or far, be free from suffering and find happiness and peace. Even those who hurt me, attack me, abuse me and make me unhappy be relieved from their suffering and find peace. May they, too, receive the blessings of the Triple Gem.

Aspiration
May the Buddha guide my thoughts and actions throughout the day.
May the Dhamma help me to be strong in moments of weakness, brave in times of trouble, and calm in the face of changing fortunes.
May the Sangha inspire me to act with kindness, patience and forgiveness in my dealings with others, including those unfriendly to me.

May the Devas(Deities) protect me & my family.
May the Arahants (the Saints) and the Bodhisattas (Buddhas-to-be) guide me in my daily life.

May this country be blessed with peace and prosperity.

May I have the opportunity today to help someone in need of my love and support. I shall not waste this life in useless pursuits but use it well to bring benefit and happiness to the world.

May the Buddha be at my head, the Dhamma in my heart, and the Sangha at my side to protect and guide me always

Namo Buddhaya

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

(From Buddha Puja- Compiled by Victor Wee)