Wednesday, May 18

Bhakti Thirti

Last night Mr Segaran came to see me. He is one of the Hare Krsna devotees who chanted for me on Sunday. He came with two books and some print-out. We talked briefly about the Hare Krsna movement. self realisation and the mind. Thanks, Segaran, for taking time off to see me again.

He showed me the print-outs which are emails from and about a priest; Bhakti Tirtha. The Guru is in the US and in the final stage of melanoma cancer. The final email from his caregivers talk about him preparing to depart from the world. There is even a plan of action in the event of his death, including detailed schedule to prepare final prayers until the weekend after his death. Wow..talk about well-prepared!

I read his story with great interest. I read his last emails to his students and devotees, description of this last few preachings and updates from his caregivers. I wanted to contact the guru and tell him about the Gerson Therapy. Gerson Therapy has proven very effective against melanoma cancer. I called Segaran this morning to check if I can get the Guru's address and send him the Gerson Therapy books.

Segaran advised that the cancer is very advanced and the Guru's followers have done much. But I think there is hope. I have emailed his caregivers to check on his current situation. But if the Guru is ready and at peace about departing from this world, well...