Friday, August 5

The Move

I am in the process of moving from my sister's house to the house my mom is staying. The houses are just 5 minutes walking distance apart, but they signify another milestone in my journey. I am leaving the house where I have been staying after being discharged from the hospitals.

For 5 months I have been sleeping on the Paramount bed which is a automated bed for patients, normally used in the hospital. I needed it earlier because the tumour at my C6 vertebrae made it very painful to get up without assistance.

And there was a time in May when the bed was the centre of my universe because I can't walk unassisted. The room at my sis's has seen me incoherent during a seizure, wheezing on a oxygen tank, stumbling with a walker, and wheeled out on wheelchair.

So this move is both symbolic and practical. I am now leaving that bed and room to be in a "normal" bed and room. There is also a garden where I can do my qiqong and tend to a vege and fruit garden. It will also provide some office space for me to work again. Broadband internet connection is installed. In short, more normalcy is returning.

Friends who want to visit can email me for directions. :)