Monday, October 17

Boon-style Qigong

I rejoined the Guolin-style qigong group today after an absence of nearly a month. I left the group to practice elsewhere in the Seremban Lake Gardens. I fled the other place because there are a lot of aedes mosquitoes lately.

I did my routine which I thought is the most perfect and beautiful Guolin ever executed. At the end of my practice, one of the sifu (teacher) approached me and asked what type of qigong am I doing? ...er...Guolin, I say....

She said..ahem...there are some adjustments needed on my routine. It turned out there are lots of adjustments to be made...and I thought the rest of them were doing it wrongly....hehe

Some I learnt from the other sifu, I think different masters would have tweaked Guolin according to what they thought is suitable. So there are some differences in style and way of execution.

Anyway, I gamely changed my routine to see how the Guolin is "supposed" to be done. Since the Seremban group I am joining is part of the national Guolin Association, I guess their style would be more "orthodox".

I will be joining the practice of my first master next month. He has once-a-month practice session. I will ask him about the style he taught and the "orthodox" one. It may turned out that I got it wrong in the first place! haha :)