Friday, October 28

Brain Radiotherapy 1

Just came back from the first session.

I have less mental preparedness this time. It was quite a hurried decision, but an informed one. Previously in April I have mentally prepared my cells to accept the therapy to my C6 vetebrae; wishing my cancer cells a good after life. My cancer cells are like the Ribena advertisement cartoon character.

This time, I could only say a hurried "May you be well and happy" to all the cells before the 2-minute session started. Anyway, somehow I have taken it in stride, I even bought some kacang putih on sale outside the hospital, after the therapies! Cancer and its therapies is something I have to live with for now.

Had consultation with Dr Kana & Dr Selva. It is a sobering yet uplifting consultation. We had a few laughs, as usual when I meet them! I am to re-start my steroid and taper off slowly after the radiotherapies, also to start on Epilim 200; a medication to prevent seizures. This would be longterm medication.

They emphasised on abstainence from driving; Dr Kana explained that in UK, patients who are confirmed epiliptic (who had seizures) are legally forbidden from driving for 2 years. Looks like I have to adjust this for the long term. It had been fun after having driven the past few weeks...