Wednesday, March 30

The People

I would not have been able to embark on this adventure without the support of many people. Some are my family members, some old friends and some newly minted friends. For the new friends, somehow serendipidity guided our paths to cross.

Let me pay tribute to the people who have supported me in these early days:

My mom: Mdm Gan- She has seen her own mother passed away on 26 Dec 2004, and her husband passed away on 7 Feb 2005, before seeing me warded the week after; 18 Feb. She herself had a by-pass last year. And now when she need care the most, she has to take care of me. Once when I was in the hospital, which is located on top of a small hill, she carried my lunch and walked from the foot of the hill to my ward. I broke down when I knew about this. How can I subject my mom to this?

My sister: Vivien - She is our family's primary caregiver. She took care of grandma, my dad and mom since 2002 when the old folks fell sick together. Just when I thought I can give a vacation, she has to take care of me. Dear sis, you are my hero!

My bro-in-law - He took time off his business to ferry the old folks around, and now me. A cheerful man who is totally selfless. He is indeed the man of the house now.

My cousins and relatives who came to visit me, and encourages me.

Lilian - My sis's friend since primary school. Took time off now and then to help my sis.

Jum - Our maid who goes around her tasks with calmness and dedication.

Victor - my uncle who has helped us financially. It lifts the financial burden off our shoulders.

Datuk Dr McCoy and Mrs McCoy - Friends who helped me get proper medical advice,and a great moral support.

Mr & Mrs Lee Kiyau Loo - My friends who supported me all along, and visited me everyday when I was at IJN.

Yoke Ling, Datuk Thana, Mr Cheah, Dr Saradha, Jane, Gloria, Marianna - who helped me during my hospitalisation in Argentina, and subsequently ensuring my medical records are sent to me in Malaysia.

Mr Gurmit and Siew - One of the first few who visited me in Argentina. Thanks to Siew for her concern and food preparation. Thanks to them who organised ORGANIC WATCH 05 where my sis knew about Prof Chris's set-up.

Ms Pang - my erstwhile insurance agent who is a model insurance agent!!! Even helping me with my other insurance claims which were not bought from her!!! :)

Mr & Mrs Wong - Proprieter of an organic produce shop in Seremban. Generously came to our house to teach us cook dishes which is good to overcome cancer. They are also putting me in touch with people and healers who can help me.

Yii Tan - contacted someone to give me advice on chemo and radiotherapy. Thanks, Yii Tan, your other offer was much appreciated too...

Jenny and Dr Cecilia - my neighbours in PJ who put away my mails and upkeep my garden eversince I was hospitalised. Many thanks! :)

Connie - A friend of my sis who comes often to help me.

Pakiam - A tenant at my sis's house who is like part of the family.

Mariam - a family friend who have helped my family during our hospital stay.

Khadijah, Farah, Venicia of the CA Care team who share much more than mere herbs! :)

Jeffery Seow - who came to Reiki me without any charge. A totally sincere healing effort. Thanks, Jeffery.

Seow - A friend of my sis who came to see me at my hospital bed. Paralysed from the chest down and voluntarily amputated both his legs for easier mobility. He drives and visits the hospital ward to talk to patients. An inspiring man. More details to come in a blog dedicated to him.

Simon Wong and his mom- my long time friend who accompanied me to CA Care (altho he got distracted by a pretty attendant there..haha). His mom helped my family to locate someone who plants and sells rodent tuber (a kind of anti cancer herb).

Natalie Shobana Ambrose who called me nearly everyday. :)

Yoke Mun my IIIEE alumni who bought me organic vege.
Kian Foh my IIIEE alumni who bought me books and Dhamma. Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu! :)

Cheah Jiun Wen who showed up liberally to give moral support. Thanks, Cheah.

My ACSOCA friends who turned up in force to support me when they heard about my situation. I was very touched to see some of whom I have not met for like 20 odd years; John, Fong, Kah Cheng, Dr Foo, Tan KK, Dr David Teh, Cheah, Simon Wong. Your messages always give me encouragement. UPM friends like Heng, Chee Onn and Khai Boon who came to visit me.

Other friends who came to see me in the early days; Raja, Yii Tan, Kisho, Seng Kiat, Dr Phang, Sham, Soo Chin, Charles Tan and wife.

Nithi & Andrew who walked for miles; twice, to see me when I was hospitalised in Argentina. Attractions along the route alleviated their suffering...ahem..ahem... ;)

And other friends who encouraged me with gifts, emails, calls and sms especially the CDM team at PTM. Thanks, people. I can never be grateful enough for your thoughts and encouragement. As I blog, floods of good wishes are streaming from my colleagues from UNFCCC and IIIEE alumni. Thanks, folks. May you be well & happy!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home