Wednesday, April 13

CT Scan

Mr Ganesh, an Indian national working at NCI Cancer Hospital, and 2 technicians prepared me for the CT scan. A nurse came to poke a line into me for the contrast drip. She actually nearly ran out of location to poke me; the right arm is infected, the vein at the left hand is swollen thanks to Uncle Johnny Bone Scan. So she poke me higher than usual on the left arm. I was grimacing when she did it. She asked if it was painful, I said nah..it's more of fear! :) She said don't la frighten her like that...

I had a hard time lying flat on the CT scan bed. It was too painful but the CT procedure need me to be flat. So Mr Ganesh has to delicately maneuver me into position. It took quite a while. This CT procedure include a "CT stimulation" where scale were drawn across my chest. This is to give the precise location for the thorax radiotherapy tomorrow. So I got instant medical tattoo across my chest. The scan then took 10 minutes. I then have great difficulty getting up. I was groaning in pain as I got up; aiyoh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home