Thursday, May 5

Brain metastasis

Yesterday, I went to NCI Cancer Institute as a follow-up to the previous radiotherapy sessions. I told Dr Kana about my seizure yesterday. He was also shocked to see me in a wheelchair. The seizure has resulted in inner thigh muscle pain which makes it painful to walk. He sent me for a CT scan to the brain.

The CT scan shows the cancer has spread to my brain.

I broke down in front of Dr Kana. I sort of expected this but having it confirmed is just too much for me. He talked with Dr Selva and they suggested an immediate radiotherapy tomorrow to the brain. I meekly agreed. I can't think straight.

Today, the thigh muscle ache subsided considerably and I can walk unaided. I will call Dr Selva to know if I can postpone the radiotherapy for a few days. Just to get my composure back, and to allow my body recover from the seizure and de-toxification. Dr Kana assured me that there will be minimal side effects from radiotherapy to the brain. I am still not convinced. I want to find out more.