Friday, May 27

Breathless

After the previous gung-ho post, my condition became critical. I am having extreme breathelessness. Can't walk a few paces before breathlessness attacks. I was panting and desperately fighting for air. Luckily we have an oxygen tank...

Went to NCI Cancer Hospital today. Did a chest x-ray and found out the lung tumor has spread covering more areas of the lungs; hence the lack of air space and breathlessness.

Dr Kana recommended Iressa immediately. This would help to alleviate the tumor. Yes, its expensive but it has to be done. I have only one week before China and I can't go on a plane in this condition.

Dr Kana also said can't do chemotherapy on the lungs because it would affect the brain tumors. The brain tumor could increase in size and cause brain bleeding and paralysis. So he suggested do brain radiotherapy first before doing chemo, if that's the path I gonna take.

So I have taken Iressa today. Let's see how it works. The doctors said the effect will be immediate.

I may not be able to blog frequently due to my current condition. I will update the blog when I am up to it. Wish me well, people....