Saturday, May 14

Saturday 14 May

Lily and Jenny started the stream of visitors this morning. We caught up with news from the environmental movement and life in general. We known each other as colleagues and this is a delightful time to know each other outside of the usual work-talk.

They also witnessed the wind-beating treatment from the Master Cheong the sinseh. Master Cheong treated my niece for her old fall injury and Ah Meng for his insomnia. My sister didnt manage to persuade Lily & Jenny to join me in my vegan diet...guess they prefer to try out the universe's best beef noodle at King's Restaurant...which they did after visiting me...haha.. :)

Dear friends Mr. & Mrs Lee Kiyau Loo also came. Always a joy to meet them. We talked about the insurance industry, how critical it is to have good insurance agents. I have two; one is an angel who is totally devoted to me getting my policy dues; and one who abandoned me when I my policy lasped before I was diagnosed with cancer, but of which symptoms appeared while the policy was in force....another friend is helping to salvage this. Let's see how this will work out.

Mr & Mrs Kua Theng Hong, Tan Ai Ngo and their kids came later. Kua and Ai Ngo are my UPM alumni where we weeded together at the UPM farms :) It is refreshing to catch up with these old friends. We didnt meet for more than a decade, and it's fun to renew ties after we have gone thru new life experiences. I have always delighted in Kua's insights about life. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the depth of his thinking, but his are the ideas that pushes the boundaries of tired conventional thinking. Thanks, Kua :)

Kua and Ai Ngo's kids helped to alleviate some of my cravings for hawker food. Kua's 4.5 year-old son prepared hokkien mee, strawberry ice cream, papaya ice cream (he said he doesnt sell durian nor mango ice cream, and the mamak mee flavoured ice cream just ran out of stock), green tea, 100 Plus, 7-Up and pizzas for me, my mom and sister. All done on plasticine, pieces of papers and ladleful of imagination. The total cost of the culinary delights is RM60.50. When I asked for a free treat,his face clouded for a minutae but Kua Jr agreed...good businessman, he is looking forward to repeat business... ;)