Thursday, May 12

Blessed am I...

I will never ever grow tired of thanking all the people who supported me. Please allow me indulge in giving thanks again.

Having illness is of course no blessing, but somehow the illness open up a new world for me. A world where I realise how a fellow human can reveal the spendour of humanity. I could not have been so positive and strong if not for my family and friends.

My sister is the pillar of my strength. I wish she will stay strong. Her household rallied around me. It is serendipity that my sister sold organic vegetables before, so she knows many people in the health industry.

A shining example is Mr Wong who so selflessly & tirelessly slog for my wellbeing; introducing me to many incredible shining example of humanity, cooked for me and the whole family, buying the chinese herb and going out of the way to help me. He is also now helping my nephew start on organic vegetable business. I hope all work out well for all of them.

Thanks to my sister's other close friends whose presence kept my sister sane & strong; Mariam, Connie, Ms Thong, Susan, Lilian & Thomas. Lilian is back from her European vacation and is now cooking for our family. We are very sad she has to go back to New Zealand in a few days time, we hope to see her again soon...

My nephew Ah Wei is now staying with us; beginning to learn the organic vegetable trade with his cousin from Mr Wong. My youngest niece Alice helps them out when they go to sell vege. Alice is also my Master Juicer, she makes the organic vege & fruit juice.

Other helping hand include the ever-reliable & cheerful Ah Keng. Ah Meng his nephew has also just moved in with us and his is another extra hand to help in my sister's household. These are among many good situation that just come together to make things click. My uncle Victor is instrumental in getting a house for my mom so near to my sister's; so there are extra rooms for the expanding household!

My spiritual guide is Mr Lim who was introduced by Mr Wong. I always look forward to his insights and advice when he visits. Both Mr Wong and Mr Lim are new friends; would not have know them if not for my illness.

Another blessing are the old friends who pop-ed out of nowhere. Friends whom I never heard for nearly 20 years came. And I am a node where friends meet each other again. I am very happy we managed to revive old acquantainces! I am also thankful that I have so many friends who are friends in need indeed. Thanks, people.

My blog has kept me in touch with my global network of friends. Ratna my dear friend from India wanted to visit me. Dennis said his son will get me front line seat (& the hot dog!) at New York Yankees game when I visit New York again. My former colleagues from the United Nations (http://unfccc.int) are regular supporters. My alumni from IIIEE (http://www.iiiee.lu.se) and many more offer of encouragement from overseas keeps me smiling.

My blog has also introduced me to people I don't know "real-time". Friends have passed my blog url to their friends. These online new friends have emailed me to give support. Thanks, new friends, I hope one day we are able to meet. Today an online friend whom I have never met emailed to offer support for my China trip. Thanks, Ms D, your offer is very much appreciated. :)

I am blessed. I wish everyone who are in the same predicament are similarly blessed.

May all of you be well and happy.