Tuesday, August 16

Keeping the end in sight

I have a series of goals to keep me on track in my journey to recovery. No matter my condition now, I am keeping the end in mind. Not the "ultimate" end..hehe..but ends that mark as milestone in my healing journey. I may be weak in the legs now, I may not not look like the dashing movie star as before, but it doesn't matter; what's important is what I picture as my goals.

My ultimate goal is attending the Olympics 2012 in London. Why this? Well, one is because it's London, and such a nice combination of the Olympics and London; one of my all time favourite city. The other is because of the conventional cancer "cure" format; the statistics of survival at the 1,2,3,4 & 5th year. If the tumours are not detectable by the 5th year, the patient is considered "cured".

So if by 2012, which is 7 years from now I am able to attend Olympics 2012, it will be a triumph.

Other goals include picturing my self with a clear complexion (ahem..I took the opportunity to picture myself with a clearer complexion than I used to have..haha) and gained weight.

I felt picturing myself as already gained weight much easier than picturing something abstract as "healthy" or "better". So I picture to myself throughout the day that I am in a white shirt and khaki pants getting out from the car with my normal weight; I also say to myself that "everyday I am getting FATTER"! Eat your heart out, Christie Chung ;)

I also picture myself in the midst of my former UN colleagues; attending one of the international climate change negotiations. I picture vividly the hugging,joy and tears as we meet each other again.

All these 3 major goals are supplemented by minor goals to keep the path. The 3 are the major milestones I want to achieve and meet in my healing journey.