Friday, November 11

Facing Death

If you die and go to heaven; you got nothing to worry about. If you die and go to hell; you got even more reasons not to worry because all your friends will be there. Anonymous

When I was first diagnosed with cancer, and start reading about healing. I will come across advise on dying and death. I would avert my eyes or skip the pages.

I recall that Mr Lim gave me a Buddhist book on healing entitled "Preparing for death and helping the dying", I recall being quite upset, no, I was quite angry that a purportedly book on healing would emphasise on dying. Heck, I want to heal myself, not to think about dying and death!

Another book, which Kian Foh gave me after my surgery at IJN, is entitled “You can conquer cancer". The author Ian Gawler wrote a joyful chapter on death and dying. But I just quickly scanned thru it. Can't bear the thought of dying and death...