Saturday, December 31

2006

My friend Ms K is also on her healing journey from lung cancer. She shared her New Year resolutions with me, I in turn would like to share them with you...

Ms K says:

For me, after groping around for a few months, uncertain on how I should maintain my health, I am now more "settled" and the following is what I would continue to adopt:
1. Trust God and pray for his guidance in all I do (including eating), and be thankful always.
2. Nutrition is very important in order to maintain health. In addition to supplements recommended by the doctor (not any direct selling product), I will eat (with thankful heart) what is provided me, listening to the inner voice which will prompt me whether I should eat that stuff or not. Of course it is prudent to be careful but don't be ultra. Often, I have people telling not to eat this or that and if I am quite happy not eating them, it's ok. But if I feel like eating them and would otherwise feel deprived and unhappy if I don't, then I will eat just a bite or two of the "forbidden" food. EG, I love durians which people said are not good for cancer but recently I ate 3 seeds and was happy about it.
3. I don't want cancer to own me and to restrict me from eating what I crave or what I wish to do. I want to be happy instead of letting cancer get the better of me and frightening me. I should not be afraid because God is with me.
4. Exercise is important - especially qigong so I make time for it.
5. Do not isolate myself - enjoy family and friends and make myself useful.
Wish you all the very best and that next year will be an improvement on this year.

Happy New Year 2006, everyone :)