Friday, February 17

Gingerly does it

I approached last night gingerly after the abdomen spasm the night before. Took painkillers in advance and sat in upright position on the bed. The usual ache around the abdomen is still there but tolerable, and a new ache appeared at the right back.

Anyway, managed to sleep soundly and only woke up briefly before midnight and 3am.

I am having a new symptom. For 3 mornings I excreted thick brownish green phlegm with slight traces of blood. Not a good sign definitely, but did not worry; I was thinking...hej, about time! ;)
So far only once the phlegm was excreted in the whole day, and I am not coughing. Let's see how this develop.

Walking now with a walking stick. This is for added stability and to relieve the load on my abdomen muscle. It is amazing how much the abdomen muscle helps in standing and walking upright; would never have noticed it if not for the pain.