Sunday, February 12

An Ordinary Joe in his extraordinary world

The last few days I was quite reluctant to blog; because I am feeling lethargic and in bed most of the time. I really want this blog to be a positive one. My resolve was not as strong as I would like it to be. I wanted to inspire but could I do that when I myself is feeling down.

I always admire those who seem to have steely nerves. They don't appear to get distracted, waver nor weaken in the face of adversity. They lock their gaze on the ultimate objective and move towards it with unbreakable will. Nothing gonna take them down, no sir. Don't we all love to be such person?

But I know myself. I am no enlightened monk that can withstand unlimited suffering. I was never too "spiritual" nor one able to deny myself the pleasure of the senses.

I am one who prefers not to work too hard nor too long to achieve my goals. I am also a sissy to pain. And I am the type who loves to start projects, but ever ready to abandon them when I am bored or just want to start on new projects or girl(s)...hahaha ;)

I am just an Ordinary Joe who unwittingly found himself in an extraordinary life-threatening situation. I am just trying to cope, and hopefully thrive, with it.

Do I sound a bit like you? Are you, like me, the "average" and Ordinary Joe? Would and could someone like us go thru such a healing journey and emerge triumphant?

I realise I must cope with the situation as who I am. If I am an Ordinary Joe, well, that's my starting point.

I am an Ordinary Joe. Not an Indiana Jones, not an Alexander the Great, not a Napoleon.

I am an Ordinary Joe. I may slacken along the way. But this Ordinary Joe must pick and dust himself up more quickly than he had ever done before. I may doubt myself, but this Ordinary Joe will slap himself silly to bring back the confidence.

I am an Ordinary Joe. Coping in an Extraordinary Way; to strive to enjoy this healing journey, so that other Ordinary Joes can.

Long Live the Ordinary Joes (& Janes) !!!