Thursday, February 16

Deja vu

Saw Dr Kana and Dr Selva yesterday. Complained to them about the fragile muscles of my stomach and waist area. They are so prone to muscle pull.

Talked to them about my options. The conclusion is to do a CT scan next Thursday to evaluate my options. My Iressa will run out and I have no intention of continuing due to the cost.

I have always thought the white shadow on my left lung are fluid effusion. The doctors explained it's not necessary so from the x-ray; a CT scan is needed to ascertain how much fluid are there, solid tumours or just collapsed aveolis.

They are reluctant to tap if the fluid are too little (1 0r 2 litres) or as one of the last resort, because of possible complications such as infection. This view is differs from other oncologists of my other fellow lung cancer who seems to do tapping at request. They are worried that a tap may distort the flow and retention of the fluid.

I decided to follow their view and not to insist on tapping. I always thought tapping would relieve my breathlessness but after realising the white show of the x-ray may also be showing solid tumours, I decided to wait for the result of the CT scan.

I recall last May when severe breathlessness hit, and I was brought back from the abyss by Iressa. I am taking Iressa everyday now; I got 10 more pills. Would Iressa work it's magic again?