Thursday, February 16

Aaaaaargh!!!

If I thought the hip pain was bad, I really didn't expect the pain from the cramps and pulls of the abdomen muscles last night.

I was lying in bed. The pain of the stomach muscles were already there when I pulled them 2 days ago. I thought it would go away fast as with other muscle pain from that area.

But it got worse last night. Very much worse. I was immobilised because any slight movement to get up or turn renders frightfully painful spasms from the area. I can't even straigthen my legs. It was like some monster hands were crudely grabbing and tearing away at my abdomen.

I was in bed for more than 5 hours not knowing what to do. Can't even get up to get take painkillers because I was lying flat.

I screamed when the first cramp or spasm came; because it took me by surprise. There were occasions where no screams could emit from my opened mouth because the pain was so excrutiating. Eventually I managed to suppress my desire to scream so not to stress my mom. Just my eyes wide open with pain and terror. There is nothing she could do and nothing could be worse than to see your loved one in pain and unable to help.

Eventually, I listened to Buddhist Metta chanting and willed to pull myself up. 1-2-3! 1-2-3! 1-2-3! I said loudly as I pulled myself up to upright position on the bed. I moaned long and loud at the end of the effort because the stomach muscles were not happy at this! I was drenched with sweat and stank from the effort.

I took the pain killers & they seem to help a little. Managed to fell asleep in that drenched and stinking situation. Although I managed to wobble to the bathroom for awhile, but I did not clean myself nor change cloth because the stomach cramp was ever ready to pounce at the slightest movement.

Got better in the morning. Able to get up and took a much-appreciated bath to get rid of the stench and stickiness from the mega-effort last night.