Friday, June 2

Have a safe journey, Ms K

Khadijah called me yesterday to tell me that Ms K has passed away. Ms K is in Khadijah's qigung group, and Khadijah is the instructor.

For a moment I felt I am so very alone in my journey. I recall the email exchanges we had as we embarked on this journey together. Friends and relatives may comfort you but they will never know how you really really feel; unless they are cancer patients too.

Ms K and I understand perfectly each other's predicament. The pain, breathlessness, tantrum and frustration. But we do find comfort in our camaderie and the best thing is we found we are at peace in case of death.

I felt alone but it is only for a moment. I am now very happy for her because she is free now. In a way I envy her. She is now free from discomfort from a wrecked body. It is now spring time in her journey.

I didn't manage to speak to Khadijah today about Ms K's final moments. Khadijah went to Ms K's funeral service last night. This is so important to me that she is at peace in her last moments and did not suffer too much; this is something both of us aspire to.

Have a safe journey, Ms K. Whenever you are now, hope you are at peace and revel in this next phase in your journey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home