Sunday, May 14

Friend of the departed

On Saturday, mom went to our old house and retrieved some letters. One of the letters is from my dad's friend in Australia. Mr Lee enquired, in his letter, if my dad is still at that address. Both of them were colleagues at the Police Department and Mr Lee migrated to Australia.

I remembered nearly 30 years ago my dad bought back cassette tapes from Mr Lee. My dad and Mr Lee shared, at that time, similar taste in music. Mostly instrumental piano of popular songs.

They kept in touch occasionally and exchanged Chinese New Year cards without fail every year.

I recall Mr Lee's card last February before my dad passed away. I wanted to write to Mr Lee to convey the news but I was hospitalised a week later, and my family and I were engulfed in greater turmoil; my cancer! And his card and contacts are also lost in the move to move away and clear my dad's possession.

So here's another chance to write to Mr Lee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home