Wednesday, April 13

It's tomorrow

If Dr Kana and Dr Selva were horrified at the result of the bone scan, they did not show it. They calmly told me that we stick to the plan; radiotherapy to C6. Allow me to rest for a few weeks, and to plan for next steps. They explained that there are some affected bone structure which do not need treatment immediately, and some which may need radiotherapy to prevent dire consequences. They also cautioned that too many radio is not good because it will "whack" my bone marrow. Dr Selva said there is no easy answer to my question; do we treat based on symptom (pain etc) or treat anyway for prevention.

Dr Kana also then suggested medication to stop the cancer from eating at my bones. He gave me 3 options and to tell him my decision. I like this, giving me the opportunity to choose. One pill we can just pop into the mouth, but may cause ulcer, one need to be injected and 4 hour of drip to wash it down the system, and one only need a lot of drinking water to wash it down. For someone who is already adverse to anymore pain and injection, I will take the the path of least resistance; the last option although its the most expensive.

They asked how am I feeling now after the last visit. I said I have lost 2kg since last week. They were quite downturned upon hearing this. But they are intriqued that I am still so energetic despite the havoc my body is suffering. I told them I woke up bright eyed and bushy tail today, and did Qi Qung for an hour. Dr Kana advised me to take it easy!

My right arm is again infected; a small bulge is shaping up near the one that healed. Dr Kana explained it may be due to the many drip pokes to that arm, rather than a consequence of malignancy in my body. He gave me the same antibiotics.

Did the CT scan today, they will review the result tomorrow, and the 1st radiotherapy session will be at 3pm tomorrow (14 April 2005). Dr Selva warned about some of the temporary side effects including sore throat and difficulty in swallowing.

I gave Dr Kana the url of this blog last week. Somehow even the receptionist has read my blog. She told my sister it is interesting reading and said, "So, you are the sister la!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home