Thursday, June 9

Day Out!!!

Today, I did several things for the first time since I was discharged from IJN on 29th March 2005; ate restaurant food and went to a mall. Planned to browse at a bookstore but time does not permit.

I could hardly sleep last night as I go thru my mind the plans I have for today. We departed from Seremban at
10am.

First, went to NCI to replenish my steroid prescription.

Then to Sri Paandi in PJ to eat their vegetarian banana-leaf rice (rice and curry on banana leaf). Yumyumyummmmmmmm…!!!! Mom, sis and nephew ate the non-vegetarian version. For someone who has not eaten outside for a long time, it’s a moment to cherish. :)

Afters, to my PJ house to pick-up some books and stuff. The car is getting full. Mom and sister have to cradle some items in the packed car…hehe

Then, to 1-Utama’s Country Farm store to buy some organic and health items. This shop has improved tremendously in their selection and design. Congratulations! Mom and sis ended up cradling more things!

Wanted then to go to IKANO Power Centre but time does not permit.

Moved on to see Dr. Yong in Cheras. She is very happy with my progress. Mom, sis and I then each has our own acupuncture session. All of us were in the same room, with mom snoring blissfully away with needles in her, while sis and I just lie there enjoying the rest after the day’s activity.

Going to 1-Utama today is quite an experience. This is the first time I am on a wheelchair in public. I can’t walk long distance and 1-Utama is not 7-11. So my nephew pushed me around. Well, no one took notice of me…like it’s quite normal.

Next week, I will make it a Book Browsing Day. I really missed browsing at the bookstores.