Wednesday, June 8

Gifts Galore!

I was overwhelmed with gifts these days. Some are tangible gifts and some are intangible; gifts of words, encouragement, comfort, and even just the mere knowledge that you have been thinking of me. Whatever gifts I received, they fill my heart with great joy.

Zoë Kaplan sent me another 2 CDs of her singing the Surah; thus completing my collection of her Healing Sounds. Thanks, Zoë :)

Dino told his Japanese friend about my condition. This lady who wishes to remain anonymous immediately couriers to Dino one month supply of two types of supplements commonly used by Japanese cancer patients. Dino received the couriered gifts on Monday, and he rushed to pass it to me on Monday evening.

The kind Japanese lady called Dino frequently to ask about my condition and to advice about her gifts. She will send me another month's supply later because the supplement seem to be out of stock in
Japan!

What can I say? To the anonymous kind lady....Arigato Gonzaimas! And thanks to Dino for coming all the way from KL at night to pass me the gifts, and to help translate the Japanese instruction, and to teach me a new Qiqong style to improve my breathing...Thanks, Dino.

Yes, I will definitely go to your Miso Doojyoo to enjoy the fresh air, and yes, when I am better, let's sit down together and design a peaceful and serene retreat for wellbeing at the Doojyoo!

A few days before my mega-breathlessness episode, Dino brought a Buddhist Reverent to my house. Rev. Sayadaw is a monk from
Myanmar who comes often to Malaysia to teach Vipassana meditation. He is based mostly in Subang Jaya Meditation Centre.He came to bless me and my family. We talked for awhile before he start the ceremony.

He led me, my family and Dino and his friends in a Metta chant. After the chant, I perform a dana (an act of giving with generosity; a meritorious act, especially dana to a monk who is aspiring towards enlightenment). Food was prepared for lunch for everyone. Before the start of the lunch, I symbolically offered the dishes to Rev. Sayadaw. I held the plate up slightly and Rev. Sayaday would touch it lightly.

After that, Rev. Sayadaw ate his lunch, followed by the rest of us. I took this opportunity to eat some "normal" vegetarian food which is cooked in the "normal" way; unlike the saltless diet I am on..hehe...well, hey, the food has been blessed! And the lunch was prepared by Mr. Wong; what could be better?! Thanks to Dino for bringing Rev. Sayadaw to our home.

A few days ago, Mr Abraham, a friend of my sister’s, brought a very interesting visitor. This visitor was a high ranking minister in a one of the Malaysian states in the 1980s. I remember those tremulous times in that state. He is also a Qiqong master who learnt the art from his father. We talked about qiqong and lots of other interesting stuff.

He has helped some cancer patients recover with his diet and qiqong. He gave me some dietary advice to strengthen me before he can teach his qiqong and also to de-toxify me. I told him about the previous de-toxification which does not turned out to be too good for me. He said the previous one was too intensive and my body was not built up slowly to withstand the de-tox.

He said he will be here again in a month’s time to check my progress. Thanks to Mr Abraham who so kindly brought this very interesting visitor to our home. Mr Abraham himself is an interesting person; he is owner of an ostrich farm!

Thanks to all friends and relatives who bought gifts in anticipation of my China trip. Special Thanks to Uncle Victor who most of all gave the gift of understanding, in addition to the other "gift". :)

Even gifts of others prompted another to respond. My blog about the lip-sticked flag of Sweden touched the hearts of Stefán Gíslason and Christelle Le Tainturier. I have been thinking of both of you and just can't describe my feelings when I see your names in my in-box! :)

I remember the warm evenings I spent with the Gíslason family during the cold Svenska nights, and of course the unforgettable French gastronomical adventure of Christmas of 1999 with Christelle's extended family and my little sister Inga. The times we spent at IIIEE I will cherish always, and thanks for your kind words and thoughts. :)

Thank you, everyone. May all of you and your loved ones be well and happy.