Saturday, March 18

Flitting Angels caring for me...

I believe that you have to hire right the first time. No point having to train someone if the heart is not in the right place. I have seen square pegs in round holes being "trained". Training is to enhance what is already there and not to transplant what were not available and never will.

Why this observation?

NCI Cancer Hospital has struck the right formula in hiring staffers who seemed to gel into a team that genuinely cares for cancer patients with their special needs. It comes from the heart and that can't be faked.

During my stay, I was given the best care with the most tender touch. I kind of missed that now that I am home...haha. From the doctors to the janitors, the people were exceptionally emphathatic and concerned.

I want to thank all the nurses who were ever ready to rush to my aid whenever I rang the nurses' bell. They talked with me, joked and generally had a good time during my care. I felt like I was being cared for like a family member especially when they mixed meticulously the Enercal drink to the precise specs I have given them!

I told Dr Kana about this and he said maybe they knew I am THE blogger who reports on everything; so everyone is on alert & extra nice around me...hahaha ;)

Anyway, I hope they continue to have staffers who have the perfect fit in the things they do.

Thanks again. Salam Mesra!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home