Thursday, April 14

Mr Lim

Mr Lim came the night before the CT scan. He shared what he knew about the Gerson Therapy. He attended a seminar on this therapy some time ago. He also shared another anti-cancer therapy of Dr Chiu-Nan Lai who undertook cancer research for 10 years at Texas Cancer Centre. She has set-up an international network of cancer support, including in Singapore and Malaysia. We had a good discussion about the diet advocated by Gerson and Dr Lai.

Mr Lim helped me to spiritually and mentally prepare for the radiotherapy. He also lead Mr Wong's sister, Vivien and I to do Metta chanting. He bought a chant CD, a newsletter of Dr Lai's set-up and a Buddhist text on preparing for death and helping the dying. This may sound morbid, but for Buddhists, life and death are but a process to reach Nirvana. There is no life without death. If we accept life, we should be prepare to accept death.

Before leaving me, Mr Lim would encouraged me to do my best, but reminded me that everything happens with a reason. I knew what he meant, I assured him I am at peace. Death is but the beginning of something else, as a person of science and a Buddhist, death is just a change of energy phase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home