Thursday, April 14

Radiotherapy I

Before they did the radiotherapy, they require a blood test. Urgh...I thought I have seen and felt the last of pokes! Anyway, I chanted silently and the blood taking procedure was painless. I thanked the nurse for her expertise :)

Two local lady technician and Mr Saravanan, another Indian national working at NCI, prepared me for the therapy. Again, they delicately maneuvered me into position. They doted over me for awhile.

The scanner moved around my thorax area to shoot radiation to my thorax (front), and later spin underneath me to shoot at the C6. That's it. 2 minutes. They reminded me to drink lots of water,and not to wet the thorax area with soap. My sis and Ah Keng (my bro-in-law) hardly managed to begin sipping their teh tarik when I met them at the NCI canteen.

I felt immediate relief after the therapy. The pain has lessened a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home