Monday, May 9

Sunday

My eldest brother brought 2 "brand new" nieces to see me. They are the daughters of my eldest sister. Both newly graduates working in KL, staying very near to where I used to stay in PJ. This is just the beginning of getting to know all the nieces and nephews and other members of my "other" family.

Another batch of my MNS comrades came too; Ros, Pai and their son. Gave them a pair of pet turtles which my niece has lost interest in. The poor turtles are wallowing in their a tiny plastic container. They will be released into Pai's pond at KKB.

Mr Chong the Reiki master came to reiki me. Pai and family bear witness to this. Again, I felt nothing as Mr Chong reiki me for an hour. He said normally people would feel the Qi flowing from his admistration, but my energy channels are all stuck hence I am Qi insensitive.

After the reiki, Mr Chong gave some contradictory advice; he advised me not to practice Qi qong because at my stage; it is futile. It is better to do simple exercises to open up my channel and not waste time on doing Qi qong. I think this is strange advice, so I will proceed with my usual qi qong exercise. If it does no harm, why stop?

He also asked me to eat pork or medication boiled with pork. This also contradicts with many other advise to avoid meat. I definitely won't partake in red meat now, especially our hormone and what-have-you-laden pork. But the thought of gorging on pork stomach bak kut teh with yau cha kuei (chakoi) is very very appealing indeed...hahaha!

Evening saw my friends from ACS and KGV visiting. Mr Loo, our KGV Bio teacher, came too. Long time friend Bong Chee Choy came too...didn't see him for nearly 20 years! Thanks for coming, guys. Mr Lim came again with Vivien and her brother. Vivien has read my blog and wanted to meet the author ;)