Monday, May 9

Saturday

Last weekend was a flurry of activities at my sister's place.

Saturday saw a stream of visitors from morning till evening. Tiring but very satisfying. Morning saw my new and former colleagues from the Malaysian Nature Society; Shan, Phang and Kim. Su Win & Philip came in the afternoon. Kisho, Jarina, Soo Chin rounded up my array of comrades from the environmental protection arena. They represent my comrades since I joined the environmental movement in the early 1990s till now! :)

Wish Soo Chin will be able to choose her future study path. Protecting the environment is a very meritorious endeavour. May more young people like her take this up with passion. All the best too to Jarina in her new set-up to assist the local communities in marine parks, and to your coming Ph.d studies.

Both of them saw a sinseh treating my sister and Ah Keng for their ailment. My sister has pain in both her legs, Ah Keng on his shoulders. The sinseh, who has prescribed medication for me, proceed to "beat" the wind out of my sis's legs and Ah Kengs shoulders. Not a pretty sight...haha.

Evening saw Mr Lim coming to share something he read in a Buddhist magazine. Thanks. I always appreciate the new insights Mr Lim brings at each of his visit.