Friday, June 17

Book Browsing Day

As I promised myself last week, yesterday (Thursday) will be a Book Browsing Day. My sis, Ah Wei and I made a short stop at my PJ house to pick up some stuff and an even briefer stop at TrEES's office. Thanks to Leela for getting some items from the US, and thanks to both Leela & Christa for buying grocery for me! :)

We went to The Curve before going to my main destination; the POPULAR bookstore Ikano Power Centre! I spent like nearly 2 hours there,and still not enough. Hej, it's been like 6 months since my last visit to a bookstore! Bought lots of books. I am more of a collector of books; my books I use more for reference rather than reading each and everyone of the books I buy.

Anyway, has by today gone thru the vegetarian cookbooks to add variety to my cooking ;)

I am using shopping complexes as my practice run to prepare walking in the airports,I don't want to use a wheelchair. Shopping complexes has many similarities with airports; they have big and vast walking space, air-conditioned with lots of people walking about. I found out I have nearly regained my usual walking speed, I often leave my sis & nephew behind as I walked...not bad, eh! ;)

After Popular, we went to the Countryfarm's warehouse at Sunway Damansara to pick up carrots and apples for my juicing. Ms Gan te Purchasing Manager helped me to get the items. I knew Ms Gan BC when I used to patronise the 1-Utama's Countryfarm's organic shop.

After we are done with PJ, we went to Brickfields to drop my sister off at her friend's. I am now beginning to be independent, and hope to give my sister's life back to her. Eventually, I would like to be totally independent so that she can revive her business.

I asked Ah Wei to drop me at the Brickfields Vihara for me to pick up more books. Read the post "Seek first to understand II" for more details. ;)

Ah Wei and I then headed towards Cheras to see Dr Yong at her clinic. She spent 2 hours on me; I am lucky there was no other patient that late evening. She gave me acupuncture, meridian massage and Qi workout. A very comprehensive treatment. Yuen Fong happened to drop by and the 3 of us have a great discussion. As usual, it a light hearted conversation with lots of laughter.

All in all....a Great Outing!