Wednesday, June 15

Jannie's

This afternoon, Mr Wong brought me today to an organic shop run by a cancer survivor (winner?). Jannie was stricken by cancer twice and it has been 16 years since her last cancer episode. She triumphed. She told me at the time of her cancer, there is no such thing as organic shops. She has to turn to the Creator to seek answers.

She set up her organic shop because she realised many organic shops are not totally "organic" and more towards profit-oriented. I like her organic shop which is called Health Paradise in Subang Jaya, there is a restaurant which I will try next time.

We talked for awhile about overcoming cancer, and somehow I realise although she is free from cancer for nearly 2 decades, she is totally thankful and blessed to the Creator for each day she is cancer-free.

Her set-up is also the only Malaysian set-up certified as complying with the NASAA Organic standard, for wholesaling, repacking, importing and labelling by the National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia Limited (NASAA). I will blog more about her and her shop when I get more information.