Sunday, June 12

Firsts

These few days I done several firsts since I was discharged from IJN; the 1st first was the blogged banana leaf lunch; my first restaurant meal since IJN. The 2nd first is going to a mall. The 3rd first is to go to the mall on a wheelchair.

The fourth first is I have started to cook again yesterday (Saturday). I am experimenting with recipes suggested by Gerson(www.gerson.org), Dr Lai Chiu Nan(www.lapislazulilight.com), vegan cooking(June Kahong Lim of Eco-Cuisine). I am noting my improvised recipes and their effect on me. I think yesterday's dinner gave me mild indigestion...I was letting go wind all the way...hehehe ;)

Fifth first; the bed has been the centre of my universe especially since the breathlessness episode. I have been reading, eating and even once brushing my teeth on my bed. Yesterday I, mom and Ah Wei my nephew went to MACRO to purchase files and office peripheral. The telephone cable is extended to reach the desk in my room; thus enabling my notebook to connect inside the room. So I have an office now! I expect projects proposals to now overflow in my in-box ;)

Sixth first; I received a proposal for work today. I hadn't agreed to the work. Anyway I am exploring and checking my resources whether this is something I can take on. I had a work proposal a month back I think but I was in no state of mind to do it. This time, I am eager to start working again. so I got a first work exploration! :)

Seventh first; today I bathed on my feet. OK..OK..stop laughing. Since IJN, I have been bathing sitting down because of either weakness of the legs or breathlessness. Sometimes I bath sitting down on my own, and sometimes my mom or sis bathed me. You know, it becomes a habit that you just continue to do something although you are capable of doing it differently.

Today it came to my mind; why am I still bathing sitting down??!! So I tried standing up and..hej..I can do it! This is one of the "simple" things we take for granted; ability to bath on your own feet! Be aware and be grateful, people...it is a big deal for someone like me! :)

What are other firsts if I continue to feel better? I am really looking forward to more firsts!