Monday, June 20

Have you ever felt the Qi?

I have been practising Qiqung for sometime. Have I ever felt the Qi?

I remember when I first attended Dr Amir's Qiqung class in 2004. He demonstrated Qi by sending his from the stage to the participants. I was at the last row so I can see some reactions from some participants. A guy in front of me was writhing and twisting away, some were swaying. Many afterwards say they felt something while Dr Amir was sending Qi to us. A tiny minority and I wondered what happened as we felt nothing...hehehe

The first time I felt "something" was in the Argentinian hospital where I was warded when my first cancer symptom appeared. I was doing the energy ball movement (where you place your palms facing each other and try to form an imaginary ball). My palms were pushed away like opposing poles of magnets.

My arms were pushed to the sides by this "force" until I look like crucified. My eyes were closed at that time, and when I opened them, a medical assistant was in front of me. He must be wondering what strange stuff this Asian guy is doing... ;)

The 2nd time is again in a hospital, this time in Seremban hospital also with the energy ball movement. Now, I get a feeling of a hula-hoop twisting in my body starting from the head when I do the Tao's centre's beginning movement. My body will be twisting guided by the hula hoop loop inside my body. I tried to control and direct it but doesn't seem to work, so I just let it flow.

Were all these imaginary? I am a sceptic even during the spectacle at Dr Amir's. But the hula hoop feeling do come spontaneously when I try to imagine my body relaxing beginning from the top of the head. Well, I think I will do less analysis whether this is just a deliberate self-directed movement, and just go with the flow.