Monday, November 14

Reiki

My friend Eng Chai brought his Reiki master Michael to see me on Saturday. He checked me out, and said my energy level is ok considering my condition. I am impressed when he did an "energy check" on me, and asked if I have pain on the left side of my head, which is correct. He also said that there is energy blockage at the base of my head, which is also correct.

He did a chakra opening which involves scanning my body with his hands, and blowing hard towards me.

He taught me the Reiki 12-steps, 4 steps and 3 steps. I will go to his centre in Subang Jaya on Wednesday for my Reiki Step 1.

Michael also did an energy scan on my house's surroundings, my bedroom, and the crystal bracelets which Dr Yong and friends gave me. He re-charged the crystals, asked me to make a wish and locked it up in the crystals. My wish was the crystals would bless ALL my cells; cancer cells included.

I must confess I am a sceptic to all these, but at the same time open to new experiences! Michael discussed Reiki in a logical manner which is good. I first heard of Reiki way back in 1997. I was a student at the iiiee where one of my classmate's wife was learning Reiki. I thought it was quite esoteric back then. ummm...I still do!

When I had cancer, many friends advised me to learn or get Reiki healing. Many of these friends are not airy-fairy type of people; but hardnosed worldlywise men; I was intriqued by their enthusiasm with Reiki.

I had Reiki healing after my surgery in IJN; Jeffrey Siow is the Reiki practicioner who came to do healing for me. And back home in Seremban, a Mr Chong came to "reiki" me. When Jeffrey first reiki me, I felt grinding movement where he placed his hands above me (without touching me), but that was on the first session, there was no sensation after that. I don't feel any effect from Mr Chong's reiki administration. He said my meridians are blocked then...

Anyway, I will look forward to this Wednesday; it is also an excuse for me to go to KL!