Saturday, March 18

Chemotherapy in action

At first, I thought the 3 rounds of chemo are all there is to it. I thought the chemo goes in, does it job and leave immediately. Oh hoh...not so!

The chemo entered is still in my system now. They are still actively mopping up both the cancer cells AND the healthy cells, like any other carpet bombing operation would do. The only thing is the healthy cells will recover while the cancer cells will depart to a better place, hopefully where they don't suffer anymore...

So the doctors warned me about coming reduction of my immune capacity; I may be more susceptible to infection, ulcers in mouth, easy bruises on skin, more tired and more of side effects. I am ready. I prefer to think of them as "may" rather than "will".

I was told I will be "clean" after at least 3 months after the final 3rd round of chemo. That's how long the chemo chemical will reside in my body...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sister is ur "HERO"! Be good to her the time you have. She is your "ANGEL"!

2:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home