Wednesday, March 1

Fast Forward

I have decided to move my chemo session to next Monday 6 March rather than next Thursday. I am tired of the immobility due to the breathlessness.

These few days I have been trying to do one thing; preparing for the chemo. This includes taking Cacare's chemo tea which claims to ameliorate the effects of chemo. A friend told me about the ease his late father who took the tea handled chemo.

I have also been trying to eat right and add some bulk to my body. I am only 39kg now; a real featherweight.

Other than that, the bed is again the centre of my universe as it was in May 2005. The breathlessness is really debilitating; a mere few paces to bathroom renders me breathless and panting. Can't even walk outside before feeling like I have ran up a mountain with a wild boar chasing after me!

Getting up from the bed is also a chore because of the ache at the neck. I have to think to how best place my body and head to pull up with minimum pain and effort. A surprise is a new weakness appeared on my left hand; there are days when I can't lift that hand up beyond shoulder level.

I have a new "ripple" mattress which is supposed to prevent bed sores. My tailbone down the spine are just skin and bones, and the skin is beginning to get abrasive because of my extensive lying around.

Other than that, I am fine...haha! :)