Sunday, March 5

Mishap

Yesterday I had horrid mishap. In the afternoon my mom has prepared a herbal tea for me. I was did not take it immediately but was resting. The herb turned out to be icy cold when I tried to take it. Although I should have asked my mom to re-heat it, I thought it should be ok and do not want to inconvenience her.

I threw up immediately after drinking the herb. I threw up both my lunch plus the herb. What followed was worse; it seems like someone was tickling & teasing my throat. For a few hours after that, I was having wrecking dry cough that seems to tear my throat apart. It just went on and on. The cough aggravated the pain I already had at lower right abdomen and lower right back. Can't talk because of it causes my throat to itch and cough. This marathon coughing left me so very exhausted.

My sister was away so she asked one of her best friend to come & look after me. Mariam is a staff nurse and she came to comfort me.

The coughing subsided after like 5-6 hours.

As in May, I discovered the soothing human touch. Mariam and my mom held my hands this gesture brings great comfort. Of course, the cancer voodoo notion comes and I told them I don't want to live like this. I am just being a little bit of manja there...haha. Anyway, I kept reminding myself that this is just cough, bad as it is.