Tuesday, November 22

Chidynamics

Went to a Chidynamics workshop on Sunday. This time I was well-prepared for the freezing KTM Komuter train. Had 3 layers of clothing on, and it helped too at the workshop venue which was helf in a hall at the Kelab Golf Subang. Malaysian commercial buildings and public transportation are well-known for their ridiculous autumn temperature settings...

I went there because Master Wee the founder of Chidynamcis will be there. I was hoping for a personal treatment from him but got a public personal treatment by Sifu Tan the Chidynamics Adviser instead. Details below...

Met Mdm C who is also a lung cancer sufferer whom I have exchanged experiences via the net. Nice to put a face to the emails!

Mr Kong the Chairman gave an introduction, and asked Khadijah to ask 3 person to give testimonial about Chidynamics. First was a makcik who practised qigung for some years,and is an instructor now. She suffered a stroke but was walking again the next day. It happened a few years back while learning Chidynamics. The 2nd was Jamal who had a cancer which affects the skin and affected the bones (not sure about the name of this cancer), he is "clean" for 7 years and attributed it to Chidynamics. The third person Khadijah called up was me. I was surprised because I was not informed.

Anyway, went up there and told my story. I told the audience that I am not sure in Chidynamics is the sole contributor to my relatively good health so far. But I told them that Chidynamics's qigung is the first thing I practised when I was diagnosed in March 2005, from my hospital bed. Even though I did not feel any "qi" back then, it helped me to keep my mind away from depressing thoughts and instead focused my mind on correct breathing.

The workshop is for beginners like the one I had in July. Master Wee gave some introduction and handed it over to Sifu Hew to teach the class. It was quite routine as I have done it all this while.

During the Q&A session, I asked Master Wee how much difference do get by guiding the chi rather than just concentrating on the breathing. He asked me to go to the front, and asked Sifu Tan to show me (and everyone) what will happen.

Sifu Tan qigung-ed me while I was sitting. At first I don't feel anything,which is not surprising because I am quite a Qi-insensitive person... :) Anyway, after awhile, I felt something pressing at the small of my back, I asked Sifu Tan if he is touching my back; which he was not. He tried to bring my qi to circulate from the small of my back along the spine. But the heavy feeling just stayed there.

Then my body started to sway. It a round-and-round circular swaying. I have experienced this before so it is not unusual for me. After awhile, after Sifu Tan was unable to unblock my meridiens at the chest area, the demostration ended and Master Wee asked me to share my experience.

So I told them the inner feelings I have. Also told them the few times I have feelings of "qi".

Sifu Tan later told me that was actually personal treatment arranged for me; albeit it is a public personal treatment! He asked me to contact him next time for another treatment session.