Thursday, March 23

Yum

One of my favourite food is the plain simple humble hard boiled eggs.

Eat it on its own is best. The combination of soft smooth egg yolk and the fluffy yolk is a sensation to be savoured. Bite into it, and feel the smooth breakaway of the egg white, and later as your teeth sink deeper, relish the crumbling of the yolk as it mixes with the egg white.

Eat with kicap and that hint of saltiness is just exquisite.

Or eat it with nasi lemak's sambal. I am "save-the-best-for-last" type of eater. So I will finish everything on the plate and save the hard boiled egg and a dollop of sambal till the last. At the very last triumphant moment, I put that precious dollop of sambal on the egg and eat it.

yumyumyum!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Guatyen said...

i like the eggs boiled in tea leaf thingy, the one you can get in chinese drug stores or tea house in supermarket sometimes, smells awful but taste good. yum! indeed my brother. :P~

9:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE plain hard boiled eggs with just a bit of salt. and i save the yolk for last... the best part. you inspired me to enjoy the heck out of my day yesterday, all the way over here in detroit, michigan.
thank you!

sending you good, healthy motor city vibes. (without exhaust fumes, though.)

10:52 pm  
Blogger CyberPartyGal said...

Ahhh I always dig out the yolk .... so Boon, if we have the chance to eat hard boiled eggs together, you can have my egg yolk haha :-)

10:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I prefer half-boiled eggs with kicap and a tinge of pepper. Especially if its the telur ayam kampung type. Mmmm.....yummy!

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home